Thursday, February 21, 2008

Coordinating 3-D Items

I think I've mentioned before how much I love to make boxes and bags of all sorts. Anytime I see a new way to make one, I like to give it a try. I saw this box on a couple of different blogs, Cambria Turnbow's, Stamp A Little Love Baby and Danielle Lounds', Fat Cat Stamper.

For the bottom of my box, I used an 8 1/4" square piece of Brilliant Blue cardstock, scored at 2 3/4" on each side. In each corner, I also made a diagonal score to the inside line to be able to fold each corner into a point (to see a picture, check out either of the blogs I mentioned). I then folded the 2 corners together on each end and adhered them with a white eyelet where they overlapped. These are very simple boxes to make - and, no glueing required!

For the lid, I used a 4 7/8" square piece of textured Wild Wasabi cardstock, scored at 1" on each side (the opening of my box was 2 3/4", so I added an 1/8" for the top to slip over and an 1" for each side to come up with my 4 7/8" measurement). I added a slightly smaller piece of Jersey Shore DSP on top of the Wild Wasabi before folding. The top is adhered with eyelets also; however, for the top, I tucked my corner triangles inside and added white eyelets to the corners of 2 of the sides to hold everything together.

After putting the box together, I added some Pumpkin Pie ribbon and a tag made from my Nestabilities dies and the Big Bold Birthday and Happy Everything sets. Such a fun box to coordinate with all of those Jersey Shore and Big Bold Birthday cards I've been making recently!

I had a lot of fun with the tin also. I picked it up during my recent trip to Archiver's (I believe it's made by EK Success.) I think it's similar to the round tins sold by Papertrey, but I like the fact that this one is white instead of silver. I added a couple of different patterns of Jersey Shore DSP around the side of the tin (adhered with sticky strip) and then added the Pumpkin Pie Striped Ribbon around it. The scallop circle is punched out of Jersey Shore also. On it, I layered a 1 1/4" circle stamped with the Enjoy Your Day stamp from Riveting, and a 1/2" circle of just the gift in Pumpkin Pie. The tin is filled with M&M's (only orange, blue and green ones though to match the DSP :) ). I think these would make really cute birthday or wedding favors!

Recipe:
Stamps: Big Bold Birthday, Happy Everything, Riveting (retired)
Cardstock: Brilliant Blue, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
DSP: Jersey Shore
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black
Accessories: Pumpkin Pie Striped Ribbon, White Eyelets (unknown maker)
Tools: Crop-A-Dile, Nestabilities Rectangle & Scalloped Rectangle Dies, Horizontal Slot Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

This is great, love that box.