I started out stamping, so it was just natural for me to use stamps on my layouts when I started scrapbooking. I know others who keep the two totally separate, so I thought I'd share just a few ways you can use stamps in your scrapbook and ensure you get the most from your supplies!
(All example sets listed are Stampin' Up! Contact me for ordering information.)
Create backgrounds with a single stamp or multiple stamps from a set or coordinating sets. Use colored ink on white or light cardstock for a bolder statement or Versamark or the same ink color as the cardstock for a muted background.
• Seeing Spots
• Sweet Shapes
• All Through the Year
• Polka Dots & Petals
• Big Pieces & Little Pieces
• Big Flowers & Little Flowers
• Any of the Stampin’ Around Wheels
Use a single stamp or multiple stamps from a set to create a border, either for the entire page or an individual element on the page (such as a photo mat).
• All In a Row
• Happiness (cut out desired section for border)
• Sets listed under Backgrounds
Use sentiments for page titles, small captions or quotes or use individual images or small words or phrases under the frames in Hodge Podge Hardware to add dimension to the page.
• Happy Everything
• Define Your Life
• Warm Words
• Everyday Flexible Phrases
Use an image to replace a letter in a title or caption.
• Hearts, stars, snowflakes and flowers to replace O’s
• Flower with a stem to replace I’s or L’s.
Use Monogram stamps or a large individual letter to create a monogram for a page. Stamp directly on the page or cut out for added dimension. Stamp a small word on top of the monogram to convey the message of the page (ex: monogram F with friends or family).
• Monogram Letters
• Big Deal Alphabet
• Jumbo Outline Alphabet
Add the who, what, when, and where to your page easily with stamps and a Stampin’ Write Marker or Journaler.
• Stamp of Authenticity
• Office Accoutrement
Stamp single images from a set, cut out and adhere anywhere on your page. Group multiple images or add a brad or button for additional interest and dimension.
• Ginormous Flowers
• Pick a Petal
• Wild About You (substitute the giraffe for the L in WILD)
Use stamp sets to create a theme for your page, layout or entire scrapbook.
• Ahoy Matey & Matey's Map Wheel
• Wanted, Bronc Buster, Starstruck & Bronco Wheel
• Office Accoutrement & Stamp of Authenticity