Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Altered Journals

These altered journals are a couple of additional items I'll be including in the gift basket I've been working on. The notebooks are from Target and come packaged together.

I covered both the outside and inside covers with Cutie Pie DSP. I used one side of the DSP for the outside front and back and the other side of the DSP for the insides. I used a pre-colored chipboard "n" for the notebook on the left. I don't think you can tell in the picture, but it has some glitter in it as well. The little tag on the side says "notes" and was stamped with the small Karen Foster snap stamps. The scallops on the edge were created with the smallest scalloped rectangle Nestabilities die. The whole rectange was too large for the space I had, so I just cut off the sides. For the notebook on the right, I used the "memories" definition from Define Your Life and stamped the letter "m" from Jumbo Outline Alpha in the background.

Recipe:
Stamps: Karen Foster Snap Stamps, Define Your Life, Jumbo Outline Alpha
CS: Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Whisper White
DSP: Cutie Pie
Ink: Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Chipboard (unknown source), Green Grosgrain (unknown source), Black Gingham, Purely Pomegranate Double-Stitched Ribbon, Basic Black Grosgrain, Prima Flowers

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

these are great, love the paper that you used.