Saturday, July 28, 2007

Priceless Gift Box

My aunt asked me to make a set of cards for her, so this is the gift box and one of the cards in the set. All of the cards are different, and I included 4 friendship/all occasion, 4 birthday, 3 thank you, and 1 anniversary. Most of the other cards have already been uploaded here or in my gallery at Splitcoast, so I didn't include them all.

The gift box was made from a pattern I found on Splitcoast (I printed off the directions, so I'll have to do a search again later to find the link and give proper credit). It was designed to hold 20 cards, so there is a little extra room with the 12 I'm giving her. With the ribbon and other embellishments on my cards though, I probably wouldn't want to include more than about 15 so they wouldn't be squished.

The top of the gift box and card were created with the Priceless set, another new one from the catalog. I haven't gotten the matching wheel yet, so I created the background by stamping the large swirl randomly all over the page. I filled in small gaps with the little flower that is included in the set. I stamped both sides of the paper so the inside of the lid would be pretty as well. To finish it off, I stamped the butterfly and punched it with a 1 1/2 inch circle punch and layered it on the scallop circle.

The thank you card uses the same background as the gift box lid. The butterfly was punched directly with the scallop, and the thank you sentiment is from Fancy Flexible Phrases (I was really bummed when this one didn't make it to the big catty - oh well, I still love using it for personal cards).

Recipe:
Stamps: Priceless, Fancy Flexible Phrases
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black
Other: 1 1/2 in circle punch, scallop punch

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card and gift box! I think this is one of my favorite sets from the new catalog!

Anonymous said...

Cute box - what a lucky recipient!

Anonymous said...

I love this box - can you tell me how you made that...I have a pre-order class coming up with this set and would love to make this with my class.

Thanks,
Tracy Greven
http://www.tracyscornerofcreativity.typepad.com/

please email me the instructions if you can @ etd.greven@sympatico.ca

Thanks in advance - your blog rocks by the way!!!

Colleen said...

can you e-mail me the template you used for the box? colleen.the.stamper@gmail.com