Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It's All Good!

I just got my first order from the new catalog today, and I have to say that "It's All Good"! Of course you can probably tell that I got that stamp set along with Define Your Life and Priceless. The rest of my order was replenishing my paper stock and the scallop punch (it's backordered now so I hope it doesn't take long to figure out the problems with the punch. I was so looking forward to finally getting one!)

Anyway, I initially didn't give It's All Good a second look when I went through the catalog. But, as what happens with many of my purchases these days, I saw something on Splitcoast that made me look again. I'm excited about the little set now because I think it will go great with Define your life on both scrapbook pages and cards.

My first creation with my new stuff was this 6x6 scrapbook page using It's All Good and Define Your Life. I needed a 3rd project for a workshop I'm doing at a Relay for Life fundraiser on Saturday and wasn't happy with anything I'd come up with so far. I apologize for the poor picture, but I had a little trouble getting a good one of this page. I stamped the Happy from It's All Good and punched it with the 1 inch circle punch. The image is a little bigger than the punch, but that didn't really matter to me since I was going to layer it with the 1 1/4 inch punch. The Happy circle pulls out to reveal some hidden journaling. I thought this was a perfect picture for these stamps because the kids (my niece and nephew) couldn't have had more fun with those balloons!

I created the scallop border with the new corner rounder (oh yeah - I guess I got that today too). I didn't have one yet, so I was excited to try the technique that I've been seeing so much of lately.

Finally, I added the Happy definition from Define Your Life and layered it on Chocolate Chip. I used the rectange punch on the end, threaded a thin strip of paper through the opening, and attached it with a brad. I didn't want to use ribbon, so I thought this was a good alternative. I also sponged around the main white piece and the Happy definition and added some small dots with my Chocolate Chip marker.

Recipe:
Stamps: It's All Good, Define Your Life
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
Marker: Chocolate Chip
Other: 1 & 1 1/4 in Circle Punches, Rectangle Punch, and Corner Rounder

No comments: