Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Love Tote Bags!


One of my favorite things to make (other than scrapbook pages and cards) are these fun little tote bags. This is one of the workshop projects I'm doing at a Relay for Life fundraiser this weekend. (I hope the ladies like them as much as I do!)

It was created with Purely Pomegranate (my favorite In Color) and Seeing Spots (one of my favorite stamp sets). In addition to Pomegranate, I also used Groovy Guava and Basic Black ink for the accent panels. The tag was created with the tag punch. Since my tag stamps have been retired, I just stamped a few spot images on it with Whisper White and added the For You sentiment from Happy Everything. I used the rectangle punch at the top of the tag and the Word Window punch for the little tab that holds it in place (folded in half through the opening). The straps are 1/2 x 11 in strips adhered with black brads. I used my white gel pen for the faux stitching.

Recipe:
Stamps: Seeing Spots, Happy Everything
Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava, Basic Black, Whisper White (craft)
Other: Tag, Word Window and Rectangle Punches, White Gel Pen, Black Brads

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great color combination! These tote bags are too cute.