Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Baroque Motifs

These are two of the first cards I created using the new Baroque Motifs set available in the Fall/Winter Collection. I did them prior to starting my blog, so I hadn't added them yet.

The first is a square card created for my hubby for our 2nd anniversary. The card was done on River Rock and then mounted on a square piece of Chocolate Chip (so I didn't have to worry about adding a piece of light paper inside so I could write my message). The medallions on the left were stamped, cut out and layered on top of each other.

The Baroque Motifs set is so different from any others I have. I love the fact that you can create such simple cards that look so elegant.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, River Rock, Purely Pomegranate
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: Brad (unknown maker)



The second card also uses a River Rock base. I wasn't sure what I thought of the new River Rock color when I first got it, but I think it makes a great neutral and looks wonderful with both Chocolate Chip and Always Artichoke (among others!). The swirls were stamped on the card base and then on the center panel. It's a simple card to make, but I love how the swirls continue off the card. This one was also used as an anniversary card with one of the sentiments from It's Your Birthday stamped inside (Life is not a matter of counting years, it's a matter of making years count.) along with the Happy Anniversary stamp from Hugs & Wishes.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Baroque Motifs (It's Your Birthday and Hugs & Wishes - inside)
Cardstock: River Rock, Always Artichoke
Ink: Always Artichoke, Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: Brads (I believe Karen Foster, but I'm not positive)

1 comment:

Ila said...

These cards are Lovely!! I am so liking that stamp set now. I found your awesome blog though Allison.