Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Welcome Little One

I know, another Nursery Necessities card. I can't help but have babies on my mind lately, and I think I mentioned that I knew of 4 other ladies who were also expecting. Well - it was actually 5, and 2 of them have had their babies within the last week or so. They were both girls, so I needed another girl card.

This one is pretty straightforward. It's a 5x5" square card, and I think this is probably my favorite layout for square cards. It seems like the one I always go back to anyway. The Pretty in Pink squares were embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder, and the Whisper White squares were wheeled with the Nursery Letters jumbo wheel. The squares were then layered on Rose Red and Basic Black.

I wasn't sure if you could see the sparkle in the first picture or not, so here is a close up of the focal image. After I stamped the boat, I embossed the whole circle with Irridescent Ice embossing powder. I like how that gives the card a different look than just embossing the stamped image.

Finally, the "Welcome Little One" tag is popped up on dimensionals and has a mini library clip at the end.

Thanks for looking!

Supplies:
Stamps: Nursery Necessities, Nursery Letters
CS: Whisper White, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Basic Black
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red
Accessories: Mini Library Clip
Other: Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder
Tools: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Circle & Scallop Circle Nestibilities

1 comment:

A Stamper's Journey said...

This card is beautiful! I love your dazzling diamonds. You have a great blog. I love your work. Thanks for sharing.

Maureen
Happystampingmom