Thursday, January 8, 2009

Baby Thank You Cards #2

Here's the second installment of my baby thank you cards. I hope you're not getting tired of Nursery Necessities yet. It's the only thing I've had out on my stamping table lately! Both cards are pretty self-explanatory so I won't go into a lot of detail on either.

This first card uses the Cuttlebug Thank You embossing folder. It's hard to tell in the photo, but I sponged the raised portions of the embossed image with Whisper White craft ink. The white squares down the left side of the card were punched out with the 1 3/8" square punch and matted with 1 1/2" So Saffron squares. The star and bottom of the sailboat are raised up on dimensionals.

For the second card, I ran the square embossing folder through my Big Shot 3 times and then stamped the chick inside each square. I started with the middle square and then just eyeballed the placement of the other 2. The thank you stamp is from the Enjoy Every Moment set.

Supplies:
Stamps: Nursery Necessities, Enjoy Every Moment
Cardstock: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Basic Black
Accessories: Whisper White Taffeta
Tools: Large Star Punch, 1 3/8" Square Punch, Cuttlebug Thank You & Playful Squares Embossing Folders

8 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

Carol, I just love all these baby thank you cards you're making! I think you're nesting, my dear! That is just adorable! Hope you're feeling well and taking good care of yourself!

Diane said...

I love both cards! I need to make some baby cards...very inspiring! Thanks for sharing!
www.nelliesnest.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

All of your baby cards in your recent posts are SO CUTE!! Your little chickie card makes me realize I "need" to get some of the embossing frames from CB!!!

Unknown said...

both are just beautiful.
i think i have those folders and i have never used them.

Fiona said...

Gorgeous cards - so much detail

sharonw05 said...

Carol, your cards are just beautiful. I have that thankyou embossing folder, and could never figure out how to use it! Thanks for sharing!

Lesley said...

Wow! Love them both so much. What clean and bright and cheerful cards!!

Alex said...

Love these cards, pretty soft colours too.

Thanks for sharing and the inspiration.

Alex from England x