Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Baby Thank You Cards #1

We've received a few baby gifts already, so I thought I should probably start making a stash of thank you cards. Here are a couple, and as the title of the post suggests, there will be another installment.

This first one is my favorite. It is cased from this card by Sharon Johnson which I've had in my favorites at SCS for a long time. I kept all of the same elements and just changed the colors for my card. Since we don't know what we've having (and don't plan to find out until the birth day), I decided to go with the standard gender-neutral color combo of green (Certainly Celery) and yellow (So Saffron). I used markers to ink the sailboat and stamped it directly onto the Whisper White CS. The moon was stamped, cut out, and then outlined with Dazzling Diamonds. The small star was embossed with Irridescent Ice EP and then cut out.

For the second card, I stamped the sailboat multiple times across the strip of Whisper White and then just stamped the small sail onto the focal piece. The larger sail and boat bottom were stamped onto Patterns DSP with Versamark, embossed with Clear EP, cut out, and popped up on dimensionals.

Supplies (All Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Nursery Necessities, Nursery Letters, Much Appreciated
CS: Certainly Celery, Whisper White
DSP: So Saffron & Certainly Celery Patterns DSP
Ink: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Basic Black, Versamark
Accessories: Certainly Celery Grosgrain, Rhinestone Brads
Other: Dazzling Diamonds, Clear & Irridescent Ice EP
Tools: Large Star Punch

1 comment:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Both cards are just darling -- you did a wonderful job!!! And HUGE CONGRATS! on that new baby coming!!! HOW exciting!!! Best wishes!!!