Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ski Slope Squash Book

Wow - I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. I apologize for that - I'm not sure where the time went! I have done a little stamping lately, mostly getting things ready for Christmas. I finally got my cards out last week, so that was a big relief.

This squash book was the final project for my stamp club this year. If you've never made one, SCS has a great tutorial. Once I figured out how to fold it, the rest came pretty easily. I used the Season of Friendship set and Ski Slope DSP, both from the Holiday mini, for the majority of the project. I also used Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, and Old Olive CS and some Real Red Patterns DSP from the Hostess Level 1 Patterns Pack.

I let each stamp club member decide how she wanted to embellish the inside. I used Short Order Numbers to create the 2008, added Merry Christmas from Holidays and Wishes, and added a couple of images from Deer Friends to the journaling spaces. I debated about whether to give this as a gift or keep it for myself, but I decided to keep it and add some pictures of DH and I after Christmas. I've been doing more non-traditional scrapbooking lately (sizes other than 12x12), so I thought this would make a fun addition to the collection.

I have some other Christmas projects to post as well so I promise it won't be another 2 months before my next post! Thanks for looking!

Supplies (All Stampin' Up! except coasters):
Stamps: Season of Friendship, To You & Yours, Short Order Numbers, Holidays and Wishes, Deer Friends
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
DSP: Ski Slope, Real Red Patterns
Ink: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Felt Ribbon, Vintage Brads, Old Olive Buttons
Tools: Ticket Corner Punch, Small Oval Punch
Other: Square Coasters

No comments: