Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wild About You Baby Card

Several of our friends have had babies recently (all girls for some reason!), so this card is for one of the couples. The basic idea of the card was CASED from this one on SCS, and then I made just a few minor changes.

I stamped each of the animals and then punched out at least part of them with the 1 3/8" square punch. The lion was stamped first with Apricot Appeal and then stamped a second time with Pumpkin Pie and a third time with Apricot Appeal. His mane and face were then cut out and popped up on dimensionals. The elephant was also stamped a second time, and his ear was cut out and adhered with a dimensional. The three squares were also adhered to the vertical strip with dimensionals.

The rest of the card is pretty straightforward, so I'll just leave you with the supplies I used. Thanks for looking!

Recipe:
Stamps: Wild About You, Riveting, Green Thumb (Papertrey)
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink: Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, So Saffron, Rose Red & Old Olive Markers, Basic Black Marker
Accessories: Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon
Tools: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, 1 3/8" Square Punch, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Scallop Edge Punch

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hello, this is such a beautiful card. Its just so perfect for a new baby girl. I hope you dont mind me leaving a comment.

Anonymous said...

Adorable card! I love all of the layers and dimension.

Ann said...

I love the colors you used, and the layout is awesome. Love the popped up elements, too. Such a great card!

Design With Ink said...

This card is FABULOUS! Love it! You are so talented. I'm in love with this card! :)

Nancy Riley said...

Carol, this card couldn't be cuter! I may have to case it sometime down the road! Who needs to be original when they've got YOU?!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card! You put so much work into all of the paper piecing! WOW!

Kim said...

SOO CUTE! I aboslutly love this!! Love all your layers and colors!!

StampMom said...

This is an absolute work of art -- I love it!!!