Monday, August 18, 2008

Purse Gift Card Holder

This was a second CASE I did for last week's featured stamper but hadn't had a chance to post yet. My parents came to visit this past weekend, so I didn't have any time to stamp during the week last week or over the weekend. Anyway, I thought this little "purse" card was a cute way to present a gift card, so I tried my hand at one.

I don't have specific measurements, but I started with a 5" square piece of scrap paper as my template (so the end result would fit in a square envelope if desired), folded it in half, and then just eyeballed the angle for the sides. The Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze cardstock are both stamped with Stitched in Whisper White. I then added some Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon as well as paper piercing and faux stitching along the sides.

The inside piece is Chocolate Chip cardstock also stamped with Stitched. I added a little pocket for the gift card and a word window punch stamped with "a little something" from So Many Sayings. The insert is attached to another strip of cardstock that is folded over and serves as the "clasp" of the purse. It is adhered to the pocket with a velcro dot.

Finally, I punched both sides of the pocket with the slit punch and threaded Chocolate Chip taffeta through to form the handles of the purse.

Thanks for looking!

Recipe:
Stamps: Stitched, So Many Sayings
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
Ink: Whisper White
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Grey Button, Velcro Dot
Tools: 1" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Slit Punch, Signo White Gel Pen

1 comment:

Nancy Riley said...

This couldn't be any cuter, Carol! Very creative!