Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Love Birds

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted anything, let alone done a color challenge. So – tonight I decided to do both. My favorite In-Color this year is Purely Pomegranate, so I was excited to see it as one of the colors for this week’s challenge – Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black and Basic Grey.

I just got the new Anniversary Birds set from Verve Visual, so I knew I wanted to incorporate it into my card. I don’t normally make impulse buys when it comes to stamp sets – I like to weigh my options and make sure I’ll really use the set before I get it. But, I have to say that I ordered this set the first day I saw it. I love these little birds!

I used Basic Grey as my card base and layered a panel of Purely Pomegranate on the left hand side. I stamped the swirl from Baroque Motifs on the Pomegranate and one of the sentiments from the new set on Basic Grey. Both were stamped in Versamark and then embossed with clear embossing powder. The birds were stamped in Pomegranate on Whisper White, and everything was matted on a layer of Basic Black.

The only other detail I added was a line of paper piercing along the top edge of the sentiment. I considered adding some Basic Grey Taffeta, but I just couldn’t make it work. I’m happy with the end result though and plan to send this to my niece and her husband who will celebrate their first anniversary in May.

Recipe:
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Anniversary Birds (Verve Visual)
CS: Basic Grey, Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Versamark
Other: Clear Embossing Powder

No comments: