Sunday, March 23, 2008

Reversible Baby Card

It’s been quite awhile since I’ve participated in the Featured Stamper challenge at SCS, so I thought I’d play along today. I had recently visited Amy’s blog, Pickled Paper Designs, so I had an idea of the card I wanted to CASE. I needed a baby card for my husband’s cousin, and I thought this layout would work well with the baby stamp from So Many Scallops. However, I was having trouble figuring out how to incorporate the fact that she had twins – a boy and a girl. So – I couldn’t just go with the traditional pink or blue and didn’t really want to do a neutral color.

And, that is how the reversible card came about. My husband actually suggested the idea. He thought it would be fun to have two fronts to the card. One side has pink for the girl and the other, blue for the boy. The opposite side was adhered upside down from the front that is facing you at the time, so when you turn it over, it looks like a normal card front. The inside is done the same way.

I used Pretty in Pink for the girl and Bashful Blue for the boy. Otherwise, the card fronts are the same. They each have a 4 x 5 ¼” mat adhered to the card base. The congratulations stamp from Hugs & Wishes was stamped at the bottom of that piece. To that, I layered a 3 ¼ x 4 ½” piece of colored cardstock matted on a 3 3/8 x 4 5/8” piece of Whisper White. That layer is stamped with Print Pattern and dots were added at the points of the diamonds with the white gel pen.

A 4 x 1” piece of colored cardstock was matted on a 4 x 1 1/8” piece of Whisper White and adhered to the middle of the card. On each end, I added a 1 3/8” circle that was folded in half. On one half, I added a white eyelet and threaded Whisper White Taffeta through. The baby scallop stamp was then added on top of the ribbon.

This picture isn't the greatest, but hopefully you can see both card fronts and how, when it is open this way, one is just upside down of the other.

This was a fun card to make! Hopefully, the new parents will enjoy it also.

Recipe:
Stamps: Print Pattern, So Many Scallops, Hugs & Wishes
Cardstock: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: White Eyelets, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon
Other: Signo White Gel Pen, 1 3/8” Circle Punch

2 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

Brilliant and Beautiful !!!! Fantastic job, Carol !

Anonymous said...

Amazing.... I love this and I HAVE to send one to a friend of mine who just had a twins also. Thanks for the great idea!