Friday, March 28, 2008

Ways to Use It Challenge

This card was created for this week's Ways to Use It challenge, Just Spray It - using Glimmer Mist, water misting, color spritzer, airbrush, hairspray...or whatever else you can think of on your card. I used the misting with markers technique recently highlighted on SCS.

I colored the flower from Heartfelt Thanks with Ruby Red and Old Olive, misted the stamp with water, and then stamped it on a piece of Very Vanilla. I did this a few times and used some of the stamps multiple times for a 2nd and 3rd generation look. I also stamped the Linen background on the Vanilla cardstock in second generation River Rock. I'm not sure I totally achieved the watercolored look I was aiming for, so I'll have to experiment again. I really like how the focal piece turned out though.

The finished card is a 4 1/4" square with a layout I've used before (but have never posted). The layout came from a card I saw on Papertrey's site, and I really love it for the square cards.

The congratulations from Hugs & Wishes was added to a 3/4" strip with the corners rounded on one end. This card is going to my husband's aunt who recently won a teaching award, so we wanted to send her a quick note with our congratulations.


Recipe:
Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks, Hugs & Wishes
Cardstock: River Rock, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
DSP: Ginger Blossom
Ink: Ruby Red, Old Olive
Accessories: Vintage Brads, River Rock Double-Stitched Ribbon
Tools: Corner Rounder, Rectangle Punch
Technique: Misting with Markers

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I commented in your SCS gallery, but I just can't stop looking at your card. It is simply gorgeous!!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fantastic, so pretty and elegant.

Rhonda Langley said...

I love this card and I love the colors. I have not tried this yet now I am inspired.

Rhonda Langley said...

I love this card and I love the colors. I have not tried this yet now I am inspired.

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful! I think you did a great job!
LeAnne

Broni said...

This is a great card! A fresh new look for an older stamp set! Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card! I haven't used Heartfelt Thanks in awhile - you've inspired me to get it out again!

Jill Hilliard said...

Beautiful card! I love your blog!

Jill Hilliard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
michelle sturgeon said...

Just gorgeous! LOVE the colours together!

Nancy Riley said...

Carol, this is beautiful! You know, lately I could barely stand looking at that stamp set, but you've just made it new again! GREAT job!

Anonymous said...

I love this card! I made several of them today with different sentiments on them. TFS! I popped over to your blog the other day while I was on SCS and I have been checking it everyday since - I love your work!