Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Sketch Challenge - Christmas Card

I've really enjoyed doing the challenges on splitcoaststampers lately, so I decided I'd like to try to do at least a couple a week. It's definitely helping me stay out of a rut and try some new things. Today was another sketch challenge. Here's the layout and my interpretation.

I've been working on my Christmas cards, so I had those colors and stamp sets on my mind and decided to use them for this sketch as well. Hey - it gets me that much closer to having a stack of cards to send out come December!

For this card, and my other Christmas card layouts, I used a Blue Bayou card base. This one is stamped with linen on the base. The main panel is River Rock, stamped with the swirl from the Priceless set in Whisper White, and layered on Basic Black. The smaller focal image is stamped with the middle snowflake from Snowflake Spot in Blue Bayou, covered with Glassy Glaze for the Cracked Glass technique, and again, layered on Basic Black. The image was then layered over 2 lengths of Basic Black grosgrain.

Finally, I added the Merry Christmas sentiment from Holidays & Wishes.

Recipe:
Stamps: Priceless, Snowflake Spot, Holidays & Wishes
Cardstock: Blue Bayou, River Rock, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Blue Bayou, Whisper White
Other: Basic Black Grosgrain, Vintage Brads
Technique: Cracked Glass

I should have a couple of samples of my Christmas cards to post soon. I'm doing about 80 cards this year, so I'm working on them assembly line style. I decided to do 2 layouts this year so I wouldn't get bored with just one (and my DH and I couldn't decide which one we liked better).

ETA: If you've never tried the Cracked Glass technique, here's a great tutorial.

No comments: