Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Priceless 2,5,7,10 Box

As I've mentioned before, there is a different challenge on splitcoaststampers just about every day. I tend to do the color and sketch challenges, but I check out the others from time to time as well. The Technique Lover's Challenge this week was to create a 2,5,7,10 box. If you're not familiar with them, they are adorable little boxes/bags that are perfect to hold a small gift, treat, or party favor.

I made one of these boxes for a workshop last week, so it fit perfectly with the challenge. I won't go into detail of how I created the box since there is a great tutorial available, but I will share the stamps, ink, etc. that I used.

I started with an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of Whisper White cardstock and stamped the large swirl from Priceless in Purely Pomegranate ink. I added a few of the small flowers to fill in any gaps. For the focal image on the front, I stamped the butterfly from Priceless also in Purely Pomegranate. I then inked the butterfly again, this time in Groovy Guava and rock-and-rolled it in Purely Pomegranate. I stamped it on a scrap of Whisper White, cut out the body, and adhered just the middle to give it some dimension. I also added the smaller swirl from Priceless in 2nd generation Purely Pomegranate for the butterfly trail and the Wish defintion from Define Your Life in Basic Black. Finally, I added the For You from Happy Everything as a tag on the side and matted it all on Purely Pomegranate.

Once I assembled the box, I scalloped the lid with my corner rounder, sponged the edges, and added Purely Pomegranate double-stitched ribbon.

These are such cute boxes/bags. The girls at the workshop loved them.

Recipe:
Stamps: Priceless, Define Your Life, Happy Everything
Cardstock: Whisper White, Purely Pomegranate
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava, Basic Black
Other: Purely Pomegranate Double-Stitched Ribbon