Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Dashing Christmas Set

I didn't have many Christmas sample cards yet, so these are just a few that I came up with. The first card, and the gum holder (shown next), are done with one of my current favorite sets, In the Spotlight. I love creating backgrounds with these stamps. They look great regardless of the colors used.

For these 2 projects, I used Real Red, Old Olive and River Rock ink to go with the Dashing Designer Series Paper. The rest is pretty self-explanatory, so I won't bore you with the details.


Recipe:
Stamps: In the Spotlight, Holidays & Wishes
Cardstock: River Rock, Real Red, Old Olive, Dashing DSP

Ink: Old Olive, Real Red, River Rock
Other: Real Red Grosgrain





The next card is a holiday thank you card done with the All About Gratitude Jumbo Wheel. I kept it pretty simple - just added some Real Red and Basic Black cardstock and a small strip of dots from the Dashing DSP. The square Thanks was popped up with a dimensional.

Recipe:
Stamps: All About Gratitude Jumbo Wheel
Cardstock: Old Olive, Real Red, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Dashing DSP
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red

Other: Basic Black Grosgrain, Vintage Brad

The final card was done with the gift stamps from Big Bold Birthday. I only own one Christmas set (Snowflake Spot), so I am always looking for ways to use other sets for holiday cards. I was looking for a straightforward card that a new, or busy, stamper could recreate, so I hope this one fits that description.

Recipe:
Stamps: Big Bold Birthday, Holidays & Wishes
Cardstock: Old Olive, Real Red, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Dashing DSP
Ink: Basic Black, River Rock, Old Olive, Real Red
Other: Basic Black Grosgrain


No comments: