Monday, July 28, 2008

Holiday Penguins


I've had the Wild About You set on my wish list for the longest time and finally decided to get it recently. I've had a lot of fun playing around with it over the last few days. I've had several Wild About You cards saved in my favorites over at SCS, so I decided to try out one on Saturday. This card is really a CASE of two different cards. You can see them here and here.

My card is a 4 1/4" square of Bashful Blue. The background layer is a piece of vellum that was embossed with the Snowflakes embossing folder and adhered to a square of Basic Black cardstock with black eyelets. I layered Black Gingham ribbon onto Bashful Blue Taffeta and then added the penguin focal image. The "snow" at the bottom of the penguins was created with white foam paint. I haven't had much luck finding puffy paint, so this will do for now. The sentiment is from Fancy Flexible Phrases and was embossed with Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder.

Thanks for looking!

Recipe:
Stamps: Wild About You, Fancy Flexible Phrases
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Versamark
Accessories: Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon, Black Gingham Ribbon, Black Eyelets
Tools: Crop-a-Dile, 1 3/8" Square Punch, Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder

No comments: