Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Big Bold Genie Bag


My original thought for this project was to use it as a small door prize I needed for my stamp club last night. However, as I was in the middle of finishing it, I decided I might use it instead for one of our next projects. Combined with any of these birthday cards, (1, 2, 3, or 4), I think it would make a fun set for the group to make.

I used the Genie Bag instructions from Splitcoast to create the bag. My bag is a normal size white lunch sack (for some reason we have 3 almost completely full bags of lunch sacks at my house – who knows why!). The dimensions are a little larger than the ones in the tutorial, so the finished size of my cardstock front and back is 5½ x 5½.

The cardstock base is Brilliant Blue with layers of Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White adhered on top. I added a strip of Jersey Shore DSP and Bashful Blue (scallops created with the corner rounder) and then some Pumpkin Pie striped ribbon. My focal image was created with the cupcake from Big Bold Birthday and some Brilliant Blue brads and is adhered with dimensionals. I then stamped the sentiment from It's Your Birthday in Pumpkin Pie. The Pumpkin Pie ribbon was added for the bag handles before I added the finished cardstock to the bag. To adhere the ribbon, I used the slot punch, threaded the ribbon through and then used double-sided tape so the ribbon would stick to itself. (The slots could also be done after the cardstock is added to the bag, but I didn't want the holes to show this time.)

Recipe:
Stamps: Big Bold Birthday, It's Your Birthday
Cardstock: Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Bashful Blue
DSP: Jersey Shore
Ink: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Pumpkin Pie Striped Ribbon, Brilliant Blue Brads, White Lunch Sack
Tools: Corner Rounder, Slot Punch

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love this and will definitely be making one of my own!

Many Blessings,
M.

Lori A. said...

This is adorable! I love it!

Nancy Riley said...

OMG, Carol! This bag is ADORABLE! I feel ANOTHER case coming on! I just love the things you come up with ... so much talent!