Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Jersey Shore Birthday Layout

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! We had a very busy weekend, but it was good! I haven't done very much scrapbooking lately, so I made it my goal to do at least one page amidst all of the other activities of the weekend. So - here it is!

The layout is of my DH's grandma's 90th birthday celebration. The title was created with the Headline Alphabet stamped in Bashful Blue and Happy Birthday from the It's Your Birthday set stamped over it in Brilliant Blue. I used six 2 1/2" squares of CS - Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie, and Wild Wasabi (all colors from the Jersey Shore DSP) - to make up the left side of the layout. On the squares I layered 2" pictures or squares of Whisper White CS. I used various stamps from It's Your Birthday, Big Bold Birthday, and Short Order Numbers on the Whisper White squares. The right side of the layout is a 5 x 7 1/2" piece of Brilliant Blue cardstock with a 4 1/2 x 7" picture layered on top.

The Pumpkin Pie strip at the bottom was created with the Take A Number wheel, wheeled in Versamark. (I use an uninked cartridge filled with the Versamark reinker to wheel longer areas. It has worked fairly well for me. I read somewhere that you need to keep it in a Ziploc bag to keep from drying out, so that is what I do.) After wheeling it on the Pumpkin Pie, I wheeled a portion onto Brilliant Blue as well and punched out the 9 and 0 with a circle punch. The numbers were then colored in with my Versamarker, adhered to a 2" circle metal edge tag, and adhered to the strip with dimensionals. I've done this with a single number on a birthday card also. You can see it here. The DSP strip underneath the numbers is from Jersey Shore.

To add a little sparkle, I embossed the top of the cupcake with Irridescent Ice embossing powder. On a couple of the squares, I also used the slit punch and inserted the white CS behind the slit with a Brilliant Blue brad in the middle. This idea came from the layout on the cover of the most recent Stampin' Success.

Recipe:
Stamps: Headline Alphabet, It's Your Birthday, Short Order Numbers, Big Bold Birthday, Take A Number Wheel
Cardstock: Whisper White, Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi
DSP: Jersey Shore
Ink: Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Versamark, Versamarker
Accessories: Brilliant Blue Brads, 2" Metal Edge Tag, Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder
Tools: Slit Punch, Circle Punch
Technique: Spotlighting

5 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Fantastic page, love all the details.

Anonymous said...

Great page! Such happy colors for a birthday layout, and I love what you did with the numbers wheel.

Anonymous said...

Adorable layout! Love it!

Nancy Riley said...

Wonderful layout! Perfect timing for a case too ... my DH's mom turns 90 this weekend! Lots of Iowa family in town for the big party!

Design With Ink said...

Wow...I absolutely love this layout! You're so talented! This page is amazing! :) Thanks for sharing!