Tuesday, August 28, 2007

True Friend Color Challenge

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I've had anything new to post. I'm not sure where the time went! It's hard to believe my DH has been back at school for almost 2 weeks now, Nebraska football starts on Saturday, and the beginning of September is just around the corner. Christmas will be here before we know it - I'm not sure I'm ready for that! I am starting to plan though. I finally decided on my Christmas card designs and ordered the supplies for them. My order came yesterday, and one of the other items in my order was the new True Friend set from the Holiday mini. I always have to try out my new sets the first day I get them, so having a die-cut set made it so easy. I was ready to go in minutes!


For my first card, I decided to use today's Color Challenge from Splitcoast. This weeks's challenge was to use Purely Pomegranate, Pretty in Pink, and Old Olive. I stamped the small flower in Old Olive for my background and added a strip of Pretty in Pink, layered with Basic Black, and Purely Pomegranate ribbon. For the main image, I used markers to add Old Olive and Pretty in Pink to the same flower used for the background. I then sponged Purely Pomegrante around the edges of the flower. With the exception of the flower in the middle, all of the others are stamped off once. My final addition was the sentiment in Basic Black.

Recipe:
Stamps: True Friend
Cardstock: Old Olive, Purely Pomegranate, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black
Other: Purely Pomegranate Double-Stitched Ribbon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job with the color challenge! I really like the flowers on your main image.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I love that you threw in black into the mix. It really makes it!