Friday, August 3, 2007

More Priceless!

I think Priceless has become my favorite set from the new catalog. It's been fairly easy to create some quick cards using the swirl as a background and then adding one of the other stamps from the set as an accent. I do think I need to get the coordinating wheel though. It would make creating the backgrounds much quicker.


Here are a few cards I made last night. The first is a quick 3x3 card I did as a "warm up". I hadn't given my DH any "love notes" lately, so this one fit the bill. It's pretty self-explanatory, so I'll just provide the recipe below.

Recipe:
Stamps: Priceless, Define Your Life
Cardstock: Basic Black, Rose Red, Rose Red Prints DSP
Ink: Rose Red, Basic Black
Other: Black Gingham Ribbon, Scallop Punch, 1 1/2 in Cirlce Punch


This next one is my favorite of the three. I love this color combination - Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, and Whisper White. I also love how the swirl looks in white on the black cardstock. When I was creating these cards, I really wished I had some of the double-stitched Pomegranate ribbon, but I bet you can guess what will be on my next order.

For this card, I randomly stamped the swirl in Whisper White craft ink on Basic Black cardstock. I attached black grosgrain ribbon across the Pomegranate strip, and then added the heart and scallop circle. The you definition is from Define Your Life of course. This will probably end up being another card for hubby. Our anniversary was in June and Valentine's Day is still quite a ways away, so maybe it'll be a "just because" card. I like to put cards or notes in his lunch, and I think he likes receiving them (at least he says he does!).

Recipe:
Stamps: Priceless, Define Your Life
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Purely Pomegranate
Ink: Whisper White (craft), Purely Pomegranate
Other: Black grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Punch, 1 1/2 in Circle Punch


This final card ended up being a little different than what I usually do. I've seen lots of panel cards lately, so I wanted to try one. I still can't quite decide what I think of it, but I think it's good to break out of the mold every once in awhile.

It uses the same basic recipe as the one above, with the exception of Define Your Life and the circle and scallop circle punches.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable cards! I love this color combo too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards!

Anonymous said...

I love all three of these cards. The white on black looks really striking. Great job!

Ashley said...

Well you should feel quite happy....you are the reason I am getting this set! I was just doing a search looking for examples and I am SOLD after seeing your cards! You are wonderful! :)