Friday, September 26, 2008

To You & Yours

In addition to Thanksgiving cards, I've been trying to decide on a design (or two) for our Christmas cards. I needed a fairly simple design this year, so I decided to go with the To You & Yours set from the Fall/Winter catalog. I thought the images could stand alone without a lot of additional detail added to them.

For both cards, I stamped the house image in Chocolate Chip and used my rectangle nestibilities to cut it out along with the scalloped mat. On the first card, I embossed pieces of both Riding Hood Red and Chocolate Chip with the Textile Embossing Folder and added a scalloped piece of Kraft layered with the new Alpine striped ribbon (from the Holiday mini) in the middle.

The tag is stamped with one of the sentiments from the set, "From Our House To Yours", and is attached with a piece of Linen Thread.

The second card uses most of the same elements, just a different layout and different ribbon. For this card, I used the Chocolate Chip felt ribbon that is also part of the Alpine Ribbon Originals in the Holiday mini. I love the texture of the ribbon, but I think it's probably a little too bulky to mail. If I end up using it on any of our cards, it will probably only be ones that can be hand-delivered. Otherwise, I could always use the taffeta ribbon with this layout.

I'm pretty sure I'll use the first one as one of our designs, but I'm not sure about the others yet. If you happen to have any suggestions for this set and these colors, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks for looking!

Recipe:
Stamps: To You & Yours
Cardstock: Kraft, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Alpine Ribbon Originals, Linen Thread, Vintage Brads
Tools: Textile Embossing Folder, Rectangle and Scallop Rectange Nestibilities, Scallop Edge Punch

No comments: