Sunday, September 21, 2008

Halloween Frights

Once again I have to apologize for the lack of posts over the last few weeks. Besides stamp club 2 weeks ago, I hadn't done any stamping until this weekend. I got my preorder from the Holiday Mini and some new things from the catalog and couldn't let them sit long before trying them out. Anyway, I have a few things to share this week.

The first is a layout I've had in my head since I saw the Halloween Frights set in the mini. Sorry for the less than perfect picture. I haven't quite figured out how to take a decent picture of a 12x12 layout yet. Anyway, the base of the layout is Basic Grey with a 10 1/2 x 8 1/2" square of Basic Black layered on top for the frame of the pictures. The white rectangles are just placeholders for now for 2 4x6 pictures. The other 2 are 4x4 squares.

To make the halloween scenes, I started with glossy paper and cut out a mask from a post-it note of the moon image (for the bottom one). I brayered both with Pumpkin Pie ink and then removed my mask before stamping the remainder of the images with Basic Black. I finished the squares with a few accents from the white gel pen.

The tree image in the top square is from Seasons of Friendship, and the wheel in the bottom square is called Frightful Fence. Otherwise, all of the other images are from Halloween Frights. All of these are available in the Holiday Mini starting on October 1st.

The tag in the upper right was stamped with October from the Full Calendar set in Pumpkin Pie and 31st from Short Order Numbers in Basic Grey. It is attached with a piece of silver elastic cord (also available in the mini). I bought mine for a project last year and didn't end up using it, so I was glad to see it back this year! The cord is held in place by a mini library clip clipped to the side of the Basic Black piece.

Finally, the bottom was created with strips from Ghostly Greetings DSP as well as strips of Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie stamped with the 2 sentiments from Halloween Frights.

Thanks for looking!

Recipe: (All Supplies SU!)
Stamps: Halloween Frights, Frightful Fence Jumbo Wheel, Season of Friendship, Full Calendar, Short Order Numbers
Cardstock: Basic Grey, Basic Black, Glossy White, Pumpkin Pie
DSP: Ghostly Greetings
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White, Basic Grey, Signo White Gel Pen
Accessories: Silver Elastic Cord, Mini Library Clip
Tools: Brayer

No comments: