Saturday, January 5, 2008

Time Well Spent Anniversary

My in-laws anniversary was on New Year's Day, so this is the card I made for them. I got the idea for the card from one on Nancy Riley's blog, iStamp. It was a rak she received from Lorri Heiling. I really liked the way Lorri used the white gel pen to outline her flowers, so I decided to duplicate that idea with the heart from Time Well Spent.

I stamped the heart in Basic Black on four 1 3/4" squares of Purely Pomegranate. I then colored the flower with the white gel pen and made a flower center with my Basic Black marker. Each of the squares were then mounted on 1 7/8" squares of Whisper White. The background piece is Basic Black cardstock (I don't remember the exact dimensions) that I stamped with the smallest flower from Time Well Spent in Whisper White. I added a piece of Black Gingham ribbon to the bottom and adhered it all to a Purely Pomegranate card base. Happy Anniversary from Hugs & Wishes was added at the bottom in Basic Black.

Recipe:
Stamps: Time Well Spent, Hugs & Wishes
Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White
Other: Black Gingham Ribbon

2 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

Carol, this card is a beauty! I may have to case it, as I'm always lacking for anniversary card ideas! (thanks for the link!) So glad you have you back in blogland!

Lorri said...

Hi Carol, Oh you are SO SWEET to mention my name and blog....I'm feeling guilty because I CASED someone else and can't remember her SCS name! I looked and looked..... Thank you for the kind words! (PS. If anyone finds it please let me know!! Thanks!)