Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Out on a Limb

I tend to like wood mounted stamps better than clear, but I do stray a little bit when it comes to the Papertrey sets. I love Nichole's designs! I hadn't gotten any of the recent sets, so I finally broke down and placed a big order. I had some birthday money that I hadn't spent yet, so I ordered a couple of stamp sets and a couple of Nestibilities die sets. I was so excited when it all came yesterday!

I played around a little bit with the die cuts first. I got a set of regular rectangles and a set of scalloped rectangles. I think I have the die cutting part figured out, but I need to work on the "sandwich" for the embossing part. The rectangles on both of these cards are embossed, but I don't know if you can see that in the picture. I needed to get these sympathy cards done so I didn't play around with the scallops yet, but I'm sure I will tonight.

Both of these cards use the Out on a Limb stamp set. (I love the quotes in this set and can't wait to use them!) The focal images are also stamped with Linen in 2nd generation River Rock. The patterned paper is from the Wild Asparagus pack from My Mind's Eye. I'm trying to force myself to use more pattered paper so hopefully it'll get a little easier for me after awhile!

Recipe:
Stamps: Out on a Limb (Papertrey), Linen
CS: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Blue Bayou, River Rock, Always Artichoke
DSP: Wild Asparagus (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou, Night of Navy (marker - center of blue flowers), Always Artichoke, River Rock
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Taffeta

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

these cards are so pretty and elegant.

Kim said...

great cards!!