Friday, September 5, 2008

Celebrate

Sorry I haven't had anything to share lately. I just haven't felt very creative, so I decided to let myself take a little break. I needed a birthday card, so I did manage to at least finish this card. I debated about sharing it though because I don't think I like it very well. It looked so much better in my head than it does IRL. Oh well - I guess that happens sometimes!

I used the same layout as my Wild About You baby card. I also used lots of Crystal Effects on this card. All of the flowers, the butterfly, and the inside of the silver label holder are covered with Crystal Effects. I love that stuff, but I think I got a little carried away with it here!

Anyway, thanks for looking! Have a great weekend!

Recipe:
Stamps: Green Thumb & Little Lady (Papertrey)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, So Saffron
Ink: Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Stylized Silver Hodgepodge Hardward
Tools: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, 1 3/8" Square Punch, Scallop Edge Punch
Other: Crystal Effects

I was also given an award that I haven't shared yet. Regina, from Stamping Heaven gave me the "I love your blog" award. Thanks Regina! Be sure to check out her blog too when you get a chance. She has some great projects!

3 comments:

Dottie K. said...

Wow Carol this is just so adorable. Love the layout very much and the colors. Cute baby card. May have to try this one. :)

Mark and Jonay said...

Hey Carol..this is Jonay from KC BSF. While going through some papers, I ran across your name and thought of you. I thought I'd do a quick search on your name and found your blog. I thought I'd just say hi and tell you what an awesome job you do at stamping! I love to look at all your creations. Here's the blog of a friend of mine who loves to do stamping too (she's in KC). http://girlsjustwanttostamp.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

This card is adorable! You're right though...there is something missing.

What you should do is put my address on the envelope. That would make it just perfect! Yup, that's just what it needs. ;)

I really enjoy your blog and your cards. Thanks for sharing.