Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Baby Boy Brag Book

Only 2 weeks left until my due date! Of course, I wouldn't mind if the little one decided to make an appearance a little early - I'm ready any day! Well, I'm not sure if you're ever really "ready", but you know what I mean.

Anyway, when the baby is born, my mom is coming to stay with us for about a week or so to help out. This won't be the first grandchild for my parents, but it's been quite awhile since the last one was born. Needless to say, they are very excited too. I know my mom will take lots of pictures while she's here, so I thought I'd make a little brag book for her to put a few in. I didn't think I'd be up to it that first week while she's here, so I figured I'd just make a boy one and a girl one, give her the appropriate one, and keep the other for a gift.

I started with the boy book first because I have just loved working with the Delicate Dots DSP that was available through SAB this year. I sometimes have trouble putting various DSP patterns together, but these just seem to go together so easily. If I do have a boy, I'm sure I'll wish I would have gotten more than one package! Anyway, I used the sketch that I used for these cards (here and here) and my beloved Nursery Necessities set.

If you haven't made one before, they are very easy. SCS has a good tutorial to follow. I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory.

Thanks for looking! Stay tuned for the girl version!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Nursery Necessities
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Whisper White
DSP: Delicate Dots
Ink: Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Jumbo Eyelets, Buttons (Wal-Mart)
Tools: Star Punch, 1" Circle Punch (waves under boat), Crop-a-dile

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom will love it... And not to worry, there are lots of people waiting to meet your little one! Jen

Nancy Riley said...

Only two weeks away?! You must be so excited, Carol !!!! This little brag book is GREAT ... so cute!

Diane said...

How exciting, I bet you can hardly wait! I did a SU workshop on Monday night, and two of the girls were due anyday...made ME nervous...LOL...one it was her first baby and she doesn't know what she is having, the other girl its her 4th, and its her 4th girl, I can't wait to see the babies! Good luck and enjoy the little one, they grow up so fast!

Anonymous said...

Carol,
Your book is ADORABLE!! Enjoy the next few weeks, as hard as it may be. I'm excited for you and am looking forward to pictures of the little one:)
Mary

Crystal N said...

I really hope you are OK. I keep checking back to see some news. My thoughts and prayers are with you.