Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bleached Thoughts & Prayers

This is the second card we were supposed to do at my workshop this past week (it ended up being canceled). I have to say that I really love the new Thoughts & Prayers set. I took it on and off my order a few times because I didn't think I really "needed" it, but I'm so glad I went ahead and got it. Great images and sentiments for those difficult cards!

For this card, I used the bleaching technique to stamp the tree on Baja Breeze cardstock. (Just pour a little bleach onto a paper towel in a small container and use that as your stamp pad.) The sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip, and the rest is just layers - Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, and Parisian Breeze Specialty DSP. A few scallops with the scallop edge punch, some Chocolate Chip Taffeta, and the card is complete!

If you haven't had a chance to see or feel the new specialty DSP SU! is offering in this catalog, be sure to check it out! It is a cardstock weight paper with just a little bit of texture. I love it!

Supplies Used (All Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Kraft
DSP: Parisian Breeze Specialty
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Taffeta
Tools: Scallop Edge Punch, Household Bleach
Techniques: Bleaching

1 comment:

Doris said...

I have this set and appreciate your ideas for using mine more! Stop by my "tower" when you get a chance... This is my first visit to your blog, but it won't be my last!