Sunday, April 13, 2008

Polka Dots and Papertrey

Today’s featured stamper on SCS was Kharmagirl, and I chose this card to CASE.

I kept the same layout and stamp set, but I changed the color combo and ribbon. I used 2 different ribbons and layered them on top of each other, so this card also qualifies for this past Monday’s Try A New Technique Challenge, Stacked Ribbon. I got this striped ribbon from Michael’s dollar bin ages ago and have never used it. I'm not sure the picture really shows the true color of the stripes, but the lighter blue stripe matches the Bashful Blue fairly well IRL.

I kept the polka dots on the main layer, but instead of using DSP as Kharmagirl did, I used my new Cuttlebug polka dot embossing folder. I’ve been waiting to get this one, but I finally found it at Hobby Lobby recently and couldn’t pass it up. Also, since I embossed the layers, I stamped my sentiment on a small piece of Whisper White instead of stamping directly on the paper.

This was a fun card to make. Thanks for looking!

Recipe:
Stamps: Papertrey Green Thumb
Cardstock: Papertrey Stamper’s Select White, Whisper White, Old Olive Bashful Blue
Ink: Bashful Blue, Old Olive
Accessories: White Eyelets, Old Olive Felt Fusion Flower, Green Ribbon (unknown maker), Striped Ribbon (unknown maker)
Tools: Cuttlebug Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Corner Rounder, Crop-a-dile

No comments: