Thursday, November 8, 2007

Pocket Card Gift Card Holder

I've seen several different variations on gift card holders, so here is another one to add to the mix. I was trying to decide on a project for an upcoming workshop, and this is what popped into my head. I thought it would be nice to have a holiday card that had separate places for a note and a gift card.

The card is a 12x5 1/2" piece of Rose Red cardstock scored at 4" and 8". The panels were then folded in to basically make a tri-fold card. I folded the edge of the inner panel into a triangle, adhered it to the card, and added a piece of Rose Red Prints DSP onto the triangle. To make the gift card holder, I punched the Word Window in the center of the cardstock, pushed all the way in from the bottom. I then slid it over to the right and punched again and to the left and punched again - this makes the window almost the whole width of the panel. After punching, I added sticky strip to the left edge and bottom of that panel and adhered them to the inside of the card making a pocket. This creates a place for the note inside of the pocket and the gift card in the opening created by the Word Window punch.

For the front of the card, I combined ideas I got from a couple of different cards on SCS. I thought this was a really fun Merry & Bright card by JanTink, so I used the same colors and DSP that she did. I also liked the windows that markie's mom used on this card, so I incorporated that idea into my card as well.

For the top of the card, I used a piece of Bashful Blue cardstock stamped with the swirl from Priceless. Before adhering to the card, I punched a 1 1/2" circle in it. I added a 1 1/4" circle that had been stamped with the snowman from Merry & Bright inside the opening. The middle section is a piece of Whisper White cardstock. I used the Word Window punch on this piece and created an opening from the sentiment from Merry & Bright. I also added a piece of Bashful Blue taffeta threaded through the opening. The striped DSP is from Cutie Pie.

Recipe:
Stamps: Merry & Bright, Priceless
Paper: Rose Red, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Cutie Pie DSP, Rose Red Prints DSP
Ink: Bashful Blue, Basic Black
Accessories: Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon, Vintage Brads
Punches: 1 1/2" Circle, 1 1/4" Circle, Word Window, Tab

6 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love your color combo and the DP, this is great, wonderful pocket card.

Nancy Riley said...

Absolutely Fabulous, Carol! Functional AND eye-appealing! GREAT idea ... very creative (as always!).

Becky Carafa said...

Very clever, I love it!

michelle sturgeon said...

What a great pocket card! The colours are awesome together!

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

Fantastic card! I will definitely be saving this one for inspiration. Thanks for posting!

Unknown said...

very adorable